Monday 7 March 2011

More recipes with freshly picked goodies

Sadly I wasn't able to go to the farm this past weekend and check on my little crops, would've been nice to make it though since I'll be out of the country for the rest of the month. But I know they're in good hands and the owner of the land will water them for me... but my folks did go and they brought back some fresh cherry tomatoes and some lettuce! ahhhh what a treat. It is amazing how different fresh produce tastes, who knew cherry tomatoes were so dayam sweet! They're like little balls of honey exploding in your mouth...

I know it seemed a bit of a waste to cook them and shoulda eaten them fresh, but couldn't resist the taste of them in my pasta. Last night I made up some Brown Rice Pasta w/ Fresh cherry tomatoes, zucchini, portobello and basil. Yum Yum Yum!!!


I still have a huge bag of yellow lentils my friend bought me and have been really into making lentil soup with them, the other day i tried to make french onion soup, and decided to add lentils...so really just became lentil and onion soup... LOL.. soo delicious and perfect since the weather suddenly got cold this weekend... also had to add some falafel on the side....How do u stop falafels from tasting a little 'dry'? Had to put some salsa on top cuz it was a bit on the dry side....

No comments:

Post a Comment