Tuesday 1 March 2011

Bitter taste in my mouth....blech

For the past few days I've had the weirdest bitter taste in my mouth. Everything tastes bad no matter how fresh the ingredients are, no matter how much I stick to recipes. So I've been trying to think what it could be...could it be the after taste of the Chinese Medicine? No, the gluten-free snacks? No, the super green powder in my smoothies? No.....the fruit? Nope not that either... it's just been a bit of a bummer really because it's making everything I eat taste so crap...

So today I just had the last straw, I jumped online to check if anything came up... vegan, bitter after taste... and lo and behold what comes up...

PINE NUTS CAN CAUSE BITTER METALLIC TASTE IN MOUTH!

Who woulda thunk it!! WTF..... pine nuts?? and YES, I have been munching on pine nuts ALL WEEK!!!!!
I've been trying to include fats in my diet and according to the food pyramid I've been portioning like 1/4 cups of pine nuts or almonds a day...

Gross, the article says that usually pine nuts from China can cause this bitter after taste... so the next time you ever have these symptoms stop munching on those nuts..

No more pine nuts for awhile.... now I'm just wondering how long this is going to last for... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment