Thursday 7 April 2011

Scrumptious delights over honeymoon

First day arriving in LA after a 12 hour flight.... we got to watch the sunset from the observatory. Absolutley breathtaking - great we to start our honeymoon <3



Our first breakfast, had to take hubby to IHOP (never been before and he was craving pancakes and a proper All-American breakkie) Waiter was super nice and accommodated me by making me roast veggies on top of hash...


LOVE LOVE LOVE this place, it's on the side of a road. Tiny place but they do the best burritos... of course I had the Veggie Burrito with the horchata. Delish ... gobble it up and forgot to take a photo...

This was our first brunch, yummy panini on foccacia, spinach tomatoes

Found a farmers market, I LOVE farmers market. This was a stall that sold Soy Candles, yea :) picked up two... and they didn't break in the suitcase.. hurray
 Found a local Vegan Vendor :) had a sample of everything, awesome!!
 Now this is what I'm talking about!!!!

OMG to die for!!!!! Trader Joes please come to Hong Kong, anyone know if you can buy these online??



 Me and my lil nephew...adorable boy

Yay, M Cafe - went here after Alicia's recommendation on her blog TKL and went with the Vegan Benedict. It was ok, but I thought the 'hollandaise' and tempeh bacon was a little too much for me... my sister had a veggie wrap which was amazing!!







 Vegetarian Burrito in a diner next to the Americana...love that place. I think i had burrito overload in the states hahahaha


Fresh & Co. in NYC - didn't see this when i lived there 5 yrs ago so must be new, had a falafel wrap. Delish
 Saw this in St Marks place, grabbed a rice crispy treat :)

Vegan choices at Whole Foods in Columbus Circle...
Man, it is so easy being Vegan in the states....


Quality Meats - Hubby really wanted a steak so I couldn't say no... me with my Green Goddess Salad. was damn good.

Buckwheat pancakes at Brooklyn Diner in the city....


The most comfortable shoes in the WORLD and I am NOT kidding. I have a major problem wearing flats as it always hurts my heel at the end of the day. Saw a bunch of ppl wearing these in LA so I finally picked up a pair. And for every pair you buy they donate to kids in need!!!

Blosson NYC - Vegan restaurant. Silly us thought we could just get a table walking in on a Saturday night, sadly no. But they had a table an hour later, yay....
 Pumpkin Ravioli
 Post reduction seitan - Hubby's choice. Wasn't the best but I think it's because the seitan was a little too much....

 I had the Spinach Phyllo with Kale, delish
 Butternut Squash



First breakfast in San Franciso, Mexican Vegetarian Eggs, without Eggs and Cheese...LOL


Organic -  Restaurant in San Francisco. Last dinner here, and it was delicious. We had a curry with summer rolls, hubby had some kind of Chicken dish....



Vegan Breakfast in Korea, mushroom congee with burdock, bean sprouts and some other root veggie



 After all this eating you would think i'd be 200 pounds, but funnily enough managed to lose weight while on holiday. Think it may have been the combination of healthy food and lots n lots of walking!!



No comments:

Post a Comment