Thursday 10 February 2011

Dim Sum Temptation.....oh my

Now, I dont think I can begin to tell you my love for anything dim sum... if i could eat it everyday I would.
Today we had a company lunch at our regular dim sum restaurant... being Chinese New Year, we wanted to treat our team. I was pretty sure there would be lots of veggie options, since most Chinese restaurants have em, but I got to the restaurant a little later and the ordering had been done.

Out comes the crunchy pork belly, char siu, steamed buns, shiu mai..... oh my.... it's been nearly two months since I've been vegan so this was really putting me infront of tempation. I requested some veggie dishes and the only thing that came out was steamed lettuce and a dish with kale and mushrooms.. (i think the only filling thing I could eat)

The sucky thing about eating with other non-vegans is that the veggie dish always comes out towards the end of the meal...esp when ur eating at a chinese banquet style restaurant...so i sat there for most of the lunch sipping on my tea watching everyone else gorge themselves... not fun..altho it did kinda put me off the meaty dishes.... never really thought about how gross it is watching other people eating meat, sucking meat off the bones and spitting it out...

Anyway - I fought through any temptation, and I have to say this has been a big accomplishment for me.... my second hurdle ... passed!

My first hurdle was during my first month of being vegan..my husband suggested we go for Korean BBQ (we had a $300 cash coupon that was about to expire, he wasnt trying to tempt me LOL) so I tagged along. Although my sister told me ot to go... i dont think she had much faith in me....hahahahah.....anyway I did NOT give into tempation instead I ate a big bowl of acorn jelly salad and vegetable stone pot rice....I left the restaurant satisfied and fulfilled that I didnt give in! hurray for me.....

So all in all....what was the lesson learned toda? Well today has taught me that I can do this, as much as I thought I might crumble, I havent...and I feel more in control of my body than I have ever felt....it's quite empowering ...... going home with a big smile on my face :)

** Note for all who think they won't be able to do this....... If I can do it.... seriously seriously... YOU CAN DO IT xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment