Thursday 17 February 2011

MAGIC BULLET!!! well almost

I finally got myself a Magic Bullet - not that exact brand but similar contraption. It is AMAZING!!!! Used it today to make my cashew sauce for my Baked tofu wrap.

I made this wrap based on this tofu wrap I had at life Cafe...hmmm not as good but very close. I'm still having a tough time baking tofu. I'm either buying the wrong type of tofu or i'm just not good at baking it. I bought the one that said for 'pan frying' but it still kinda fell apart.. I'm very happy with dinner tonight... will prolly make it for lunch tomorrow.

Just had half an am pretty full, might dig in to the second half in a bit after hubby comes home...


Baked Tofu Wrap:

1) Slice the tofu and marinade in Thai Green Curry paste, Agave, Soy Sauce, Sriracha sauce
2) Bake at 175 for 20 mins and then flip and bake other side for 20 mins
3) Grate carrot, wash sprouts

4) Cashew Sauce:

  • In your processor - blend cashews, shallots, lime juice, soysauce, agave, sriracha sauce and a little bit a water if its too creamy
5) Get your tortilla wrap, layer carrots, tofu, cashew sauce and sprouts, roasted red peppers and ENJOY

4 comments:

  1. Are you pressing your tofu before you cook it? I found that extra firm tofu works best but you still have to press it to release all of the extra water. Usually I just wrap the entire tofu block in paper towels, set it on top of a plate and put another plate upside down on top of the tofu. After that put a heavy object like a flour canister or cast iron skillet on top of the plate. Usually about 30 minutes will suffice to get the water out. :)
    Or maybe you are doing this already, not sure. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LV, thanks for the advice. I didnt press the tofu before baking, that's prolly why it keeps crubmling!! Can't wait to try it again..more photos to come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want a magic bullet too!!!! that wrap looks so yummy....but i don't know how i feel about tofu in a wrap....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That looks pretty yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete