Wednesday 9 February 2011

good to be home.... *yawn

What a long day today's turned out to be, spent all morning and afternoon at work crunching numbers then had to run out to complete 4 store visits all around Hong Kong. And what do u know...today happens to be a crazy day! I think in the Chinese Calendar it's a lucky day, there were dragon dancers EVERYWHERE!!! which means lots and lots of people everywhere. This is especially hard when you're trying to get from shop A-B.....

Thank God i had a good and filling lunch to keep me going all day.... ahhh.... so for lunch I had the eggplant curry and biryani again...made enough to last about three days. This makes meal planning so much easier throughout the week.... especially days like today when i get home and sit down to my meal at 9pm.....

Dinner I defrosted the Chipotle and Lentil burgers I pre-made on Sunday. I had them on a bed of organic salad mix, tomatoes and wholewheat pita. I finally found some veganaisse...so spread a thin layer of that. now the burger patties were super yummy, but they did not grill well AT ALL. They completly fell apart on the grill, I wonder what I did wrong.... recipe can be found in 'Appetite for Reduction' (image of book below)


I think I'm going to have to go on her blog www.theppk.com and see if anyone else has some tips on how to keep these patties from crumbling. I had some veggie patties at Life Cafe and i think they had brown rice mixed in...maybe that'll work.

Anyway, I did get a tiny bit peckish after all my shop visits so I bought a snack from Citysuper...yumm japanese pumpkins and pickled veggies....

No comments:

Post a Comment