Tuesday 22 February 2011

More Farming

This past weekend the fam made another trip up to ShekKong to check on our little farming plot. The owner rented out another plot of land for us so now we have two..yay more organic veggies for us... was a pretty cold day but we braved the cold and rain and went.....

I forgot to bring my camera with me when we went to plant the seeds so the photos are post farming...





Mom and Dad were enjoying a hot cup of coffee while I munched on some granola admiring our picks of the day... so what did I make with these fresh veggie you ask?.....

Well I looked into TKD and whipped up some braised daikons....again does not look as nice as the photo in her books...

And roasted up the carrots and some broccoli.... dont know why I never thought to roast veggies in the oven.... drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper...yummmmmm

I've been dying to try out some more recipes from TKD and since it was so freakin cold this past weekend I made the 'Nabeyaki Udon' from her book:
I think this is THE ONLY recipe I've made that actually looks like the photo....well done me...
and it tasted good too...such a light vegetable broth but soo flling and satisfying...

3 comments:

  1. This is very cool. Love that you are farming your own veggies! That is so awesome! I also love making the recipes from TKD. Haven't tried these two yet. Your Nabeyaki Udon looks amazing! I will have to try that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Cooking food you've grown yourself just seems so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeap definitely loving it, can't wait till the sun finally comes out and can start harvesting more veggies....!!!

    ReplyDelete